Who we are
Key partners involved in the development and running of Westspace
- Health in Mind
- West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership
- Service users, carers and workers
|Westspace is managed by Health in Mind|
The aims of the database are to:
- Signpost people to appropriate mental health and wellbeing services in West Lothian
- Enable people to make informed choices in their treatment and care
- Inform people of factors influencing positive mental health and wellbeing
- Enable people to access services and information which may be of benefit to them or someone they support
The Advisory Group will take collective responsibility to:
- Provide appropriate advice, information and support to help Westspace fulfil its aims
- Make final decisions regarding content where this may be controversial
- Monitor website accessibility – in terms of language, as well as design and content
- Monitor feedback, including complaints and make decisions / advise on changes where appropriate
Westspace content is provided by ‘expert authors’ including service providers; mental health professionals; carers; and service users. Content is monitored and approved by the Westspace Team and the Advisory Group.
In carrying out these responsibilities, the Advisory Group will provide information in good faith, but cannot be responsible for any inaccuracies or any liability arising from information provided by other agencies. Neither can they give advice nor recommend a specific service; inclusion in the database does not constitute a recommendation.
Feedback in the first instance should be made to Health in Mind as the service provider. If you would like to make a complaint, a copy of our complaints procedure is available by accessing the resource section of the site.
If you would like support through a complaints procedure, an Advocacy service may be able to help. Please see our Service Directory for Advocacy services, also find further information on the role of Advocacy services by clicking here.