ProjectScotland and Skills Development Scotland have developed a new work experience focussed programme which integrates ProjectScotland’s volunteering placement with an accredited training programme.
It’s a mix of really useful training and ProjectScotland’s volunteering placement – letting you build up the skills employers want to see on your CV. You’ll start with a classroom based training course, to help you prepare for the world of work. During the training course you will focus on:
• Understanding the responsibilities of employment
• Dealing with work situations
• Building skills for customer care
…and much more!
After that, you’ll be matched to one of ProjectScotland’s volunteering placements.
This is for young people who are focussed on using their volunteering placement to help them get more ready for work. It is open to those aged 16-30, who can commit to 3 months, 20 hours per week, and in particular those who identify as:
• Being from a Black Minority Ethnic background
• Having a disability and/or mental health problem which affects your day to day life
• Being from a care experienced background (e.g. local authority/residential care)