Social Work Addictions Team (SWAT)
SWAT can offer help with planning for recovery and offers goal focussed work to make positive changes.
SWAT also works together with other addictions services in West Lothian Addictions Care Partnership, to provide access to treatment, counselling and support.
Breakaway Recovery Drop-Ins have been set up across West Lothian to allow easier and quicker access to services. No appointment is required. An initial assessment will be carried out at the drop-in and this information used to decide which service is most suitable to carry out a full assessment.
- Mondays: 9.30am-12.00 noon, Bathgate Primary Care Centre, Whitburn Road, BATHGATE.
- Tuesdays: 1.00pm-3.30pm, Strathbrock Partnership Centre, West Main Street, BROXBURN.
- Tuesdays: 2.00pm-4.00pm, Linlithgow Health Centre, High Street, LINLITHGOW.
- Wednesdays: 1.00pm-3.30pm, Howden Health Centre, Howden, LIVINGSTON.
- Thursdays: 5.30pm-7.30pm, Psychiatry Department, St.John’s Hospital, Howden, LIVINGSTON.
- Fridays: 9.30am-12.00 noon, Whitburn Health Centre, Weavers Lane, WHITBURN.
There is a specialist team for people whose chronic alcohol use has resulted in difficulties with day to day living skills or self neglect, posing significant risk of hospitalisation or homelessness (even where the client is unwilling to stop drinking).
Intended Client Groups:
- Drug and Alcohol Users
Contact Info. & Service Address
West Lothian Civic Centre,
Howden South Road
Monday - Thursday : 9.00am - 5.00pm
Friday - 9.00am - 4.00 pm
Tel: 01506 282844
Provider's Name: West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership
West Lothian Health and Social Care Partnership is a partnership between NHS Lothian and West Lothian Council developed to further enhance the delivery of integrated health and social care services to the people of West Lothian.