Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian
West Lothian Citizens Advice Bureau provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice to anyone who needs it.
As a member of the Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, West Lothian CAB have two aims:
- to help people understand their rights and responsibilities and to help them take action to solve their problems
- to work locally and nationally to change policies and practices that are the root cause of problems, preventing issues arising at source.
Citizens Advice Bureau West Lothian provides advice on a wide range of subjects, including:
- Benefits – questions about entitlement, benefit checks, help with completing application forms and advice on how to challenge unfair decisions
- Debt – how to manage your debts, improve your financial situation and maximize your income
- Employment – questions about terms & conditions, dismissal, wages owed, redundancy & discrimination
- Consumer – everything from broken televisions to difficulties with gas & electricity suppliers
- Relationships – issues such as separation, children & bereavement
- Housing – questions about homelessness, housing allocation, repairs & deposits
Drop-Ins and Appointment Dates and Times
Tuesdays and Thursdays
10.00 am -12.30 pm
1.30 pm – 6.30 pm
1.30 pm – 3.30 pm
9.30 am to 12.30 pm
The bureau runs a number of outreach projects in various locations across West Lothian. We can help with problems such as benefits, debt, family and neighbour problems, consumer issues, employment, and tenancy issues. Details of these are listed below. Click here for more information.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
This service is available by appointment only.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Citizens Advice Centre,
Livingston West Lothian
Monday: 10am - 12.30pm
Tuesday: 10am - 6.30pm
Wednesday: Bureau Closed (except for DLA/AA/PIP form completion service - by appointment only)
Thursday 10am - 3.30pm
Friday 10am - 3.30pm
Saturday 9.30am - 12.30pm:
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- Wheelchair Access
- Translation Service
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Citizens Advice West Lothian
At CAB West Lothian we provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice to anyone who needs it. As a member of the Scottish Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux, we aim to help people understand their rights and responsibilities and to help them take action to solve their problems and to work locally and nationally to change policies and practices that are the root cause of problems, preventing issues arising at source.