Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Service
*This service is located in West Lothian.
Health in Mind’s Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Service is for those aged 55 or over, living in West Lothian
and would like to support and to connect with others and improve their mental health and wellbeing.
This service is based on the 5 Ways to Wellbeing:
1. Connect – building networks of support through support to access community groups and activities. Offering Peer Support sessions with others experiencing issues with their mental wellbeing.
2. Be active – opportunities to take part in gentle physical exercise both indoors and outdoors.
3. Take notice – introduction to relaxation and mindfulness and opportunities to practice both.
4. Keep learning – opportunities to learn new skills and share your talents with others.
5. Give – opportunities for volunteering within the service and beyond.
How to access the service?
You can self-refer or be referred by someone else. The referral form can be downloaded from the Health in Mind website or you can phone and it will post one out.
Once Health in Mind hears from you, a project worker will arrange a time to meet to let you know more about the service and to make sure it’s the right service for you.
Intended Client Groups:
- Older People
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
People who are 55 years old or over, living in West Lothian
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Health in Mind
Health in Mind has been promoting positive mental health and wellbeing in Scotland since 1982. They do this by providing a wide range of services to support people and enable them to make a positive difference in their lives. Individuals can approach Health in Mind directly, or be referred to their services by GP or another healthcare professional.