Kharis Court Housing Support
Kharis Court offers Housing Support Service to homeless and vulnerable young people in West Lothian. The service is provided by Bethany Christian Trust.
There is Supported Hostel for young men and women and a shared 2 bed flat for those moving on to greater independence.
There are Resettlement Classes to help prepare people for looking after themselves once they are living in their own homes.
The overarching aim and objective of the service “Young People Housing Support Service” is to provide support around housing and other social issues while resident in the short term accommodation. This will include providing living circumstances that are appropriate safe and secure while their homelessness application is assessed and case managed by West Lothian Council and/ or until the next housing solution is found.
The main objectives of the service are as follows:
• Young people are provided with living circumstances that are appropriate, safe and secure
• Young people’s homelessness is prevented. This means a young person’s homeless options are explored and they are supported to return to their previous accommodation or to find new living circumstances that are appropriate, safe and secure.
• Young people are supported in relationships including family relationships
• Provision of support for all other issues which the young person is experiencing (e.g. substance misuse, criminal behaviour)
Increased in engagement with young people to effectively sustain education, employment and training opportunities
Intended Client Groups:
- Homeless People
- Young People
- Men & Women
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
Young men and women aged 16-25 can apply to stay in our Supported Hostel and shared flat. Young men and women aged 16-25 can also apply to Flats BCD, through appropriate referral route. With a minimum of 3hrs per week support.
Referrals are accepted form West Lothian Council.
Contact Info. & Service Address
24 Race Road,
Monday - Sunday 9am to 5pm 24hour Cover
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: Bethany Christian Trust
Bethany Christian Trust supports over 7,000 people across Scotland. We’re passionate about transforming lives. Our services focus on preventing homelessness as well as alleviating the suffering of people who are homeless. We provide tailored visiting support and community development. We also support individuals and families to help them address long-standing issues including: social isolation, unemployment, and drug addiction.