Moving Forward – Self-Management Program
Moving Forward is an 8-week self-management program for people living with depression and/or anxiety. The groups take place in West Lothian.
We aim to create a safe and supported environment so that as a group member, you can explore how to self-manage your mental health and wellbeing.
We do this through –
• Encouraging a proactive attitude towards recovery and wellness
• Exploring daily routines and strategies which aid recovery and wellness
• Exploring how to make the best use of support and social networks for recovery
• Encouraging you to continue with or take up activities to help them stay well
• Encouraging self-reflection and self-awareness
• Supporting all group members to better understand and explain how they feel
• Creating an environment in which group members support each other
Our approach is not formal or clinical. We do our best to create a relaxed, informal atmosphere in order to allow you to be present without worrying about breaking rules or ‘stepping out of line’.
Our group members support each other and share ideas, as they are introduced to ways that might help them to better maintain their mental health and wellbeing. However, it’s not group therapy and the group facilitators are not therapists.
Our approach is based on our experience of facilitating self-management groups and learning from self-management approaches/services provided by Health in Mind, as well as from ongoing learning from the groups.
For more information about the course email [email protected]
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
Applicants for this service should also meet this condition:
18+ people with anxiety and depression.
This service accepts direct self referrals.
Contact Info. & Service Address
Health In Mind
40 Shandwick Place
Monday - Friday: 9am to 5pm
Provider's Name: Health In Mind
Health in Mind is a Scottish Charity whose mission is to promote tolerance and greater understanding of mental health issues through:
- Offering a range of mental health and wellbeing services
- Raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues
- Innovating, developing and promoting new approaches to mental health improvement.