Stress Control Class (NHS Lothian)
Stress Control is a free course open to members of the public who feel they might benefit from stress management. The course will use the Stress Control materials, which use proven psychological techniques to help manage stress better.
- Six weekly 75 minute sessions (with 5 minute break)
- Participants will not be required to ask questions or share information during sessions
- This is not a therapy group – instead material is taught using lecture style presentations
- Stress control booklets will be distributed at each session and individuals will be encouraged to make use of course materials between sessions
- Participants may be accompanied by family members or friend
The Six Sessions
- Introduction and information about stress
- Controlling your body
- Controlling your thoughts
- Controlling your actions
- Controlling your panic
- Controlling your sleep; drawing it all together.
Dates: Every Wednesday from 15 May – 19 June 2019
Time: Location: Deans Community High School, Livingston EH54 8PS
How To Get In Touch
To reserve a place, please phone Health in Mind on 0131 225 8508 or email [email protected]
Click here for more information from the NHS Lothian website.
Intended Client Groups:
- People Experiencing Mental Health Difficulties
Contact Info. & Service Address
Deans Community High School
Tel: 0131 225 8508
Email: [email protected]
Facilities & Access
This service has the following facilities:
- Public Parking
- This service is not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Creche facilities are not available at this location.
Provider's Name: NHS Lothian
NHS Lothian provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based and acute hospital services for the second largest residential population in Scotland